Chicago-based religious order sued for docs on allegations
Several phone messages left for Wellems on a private phone and at the Claretians headquarters were not returned Monday. He has previously acknowledged inappropriately touching of a minor when he himself was under 18, but he has also said he never again abused a child, including never as an adult and never as a priest. Messages seeking comment from the Claretians also weren't returned.
Speaking at a news conference at his lawyer's Chicago office, Johnson said he decided to sue because the Claretians did not follow through on pledges . . .