Advocates comment following the resignation of Bishop Richard Stika of the Catholic Diocese of Knoxville, TN
June 28, 2023
What: Press Conference
When: June 29, 2023, 9:00 a.m. EDT
Where: Hilton Garden Inn, 216 Peregrine Way, Knoxville, TN 37922 (865) 690-6511
- Susan Vance, a Tennessee leader of SNAP (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests)
- Patrick A. Thronson, Attorney for the Plaintiff, John Doe v. the Catholic Diocese of Knoxville and Bishop Richard Stika, Janet, Janet, & Suggs, LLC, Baltimore, MD
- John Spragens, Attorney for the Plaintiff, John Doe v. the Catholic Diocese of Knoxville and Bishop Richard Stika, Spragens Law PLC, Nashville, TN
- Andrew C. Fels, Attorney for the Plaintiff, Jane Doe v. the Catholic Diocese of Knoxville and Anthony Punnackal, Fels Law
- Dave Wells, former Director of Religious Education at Sacred Heart Cathedral
Why: Commentary from attorneys as well as advocates following the resignation of Bishop Richard Stika of the Catholic Diocese of Knoxville, TN
Join the complete press conference on Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86918275289 (https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86918275289) You can sign into the meeting as early as 8:00 a.m. and will be let into the press conference at 9:00 a.m. This will be recorded as well and made available to be seen later.
Summary: Pope Francis yesterday, June 27, 2023, confirmed the resignation of Bishop Richard Stika of Knoxville, Tennessee. At this press conference, you will hear from key players in the events that will unfold in this saga in Knoxville. There will be time for questions at the end.
Knoxville News Sentinel
Statement from Bishop Richard Stika
Statement from Archbishop Shelton Fabre https://dioknox.org/news/message-from-apostolic-administrator