SNAP Media Events
- Cleric was credibly accused earlier this year
- Abuse survivors react to news of grand jury investigation
- They want grand jury investigation into church
- Twice, SNAP has written Buchanan County official
- But so far, support group has gotten no response from him
- They repeat their plea to KC bishop to write families of St. Joe students
- If he refuses, then local school principals should do this ‘simple outreach,’ SNAP says
- Controversial cleric also spent time at a third church in the area while pastor was sick
- Clergy abuse victims want the public to be warned
- He’s defrocked and is listed as a registered sex offender
- His crimes spanned decades and were as recent as 2001
- Group worries ex-cleric may still be around “vulnerable people”
- And they worry about two recently arrested RI Catholic deacons too
- Former monk faces child sex lawsuit
- He abused a 14 year old and fathered her child in Illinois
- And now works at a similar temple in Long Beach
- Buddhist officials warn no one and do no outreach, SNAP says
- Similar event being held outside temple in Illinois
50 State AG Call for Grand Jury
Any investigation must be:
- independent of and separate from the church
- must have subpoena powers and ability to compel testimony under oath
Anything short of these criteria is a sham and whitewash.
In addition, write letters to the editor, make phone calls to politicians as they can apply pressure to keep them responsive to our demand. We need to make efforts to ensure that they follow up on what the state is doing to investigate these crimes.
The Attorneys General of forty states have inquired about the grand jury process in Pennsylvania. Let's get statewide investigations going in fifty states.
Note to Letter Writers
Use your own words and style of writing. Cut and paste from the templates as you wish. Include your experiences, whether as a survivor or as a member of the community. And relate your letter to the state you were abused in or state now living in.