Married Catholic school teacher & mother-of-five, is jailed for just 23 months for sexually abusing two female students
By Emily Crane and Jennifer Smith, Daily Mail, July 14, 2017
- Former teacher Randi Zurenko, 34, was jailed in Pennsylvania on Thursday
- She pleaded guilty to having sexual relations with two female teen students
- The mother of five begged for leniency and was jailed for up to 23 months
- She had been charged with more than 200 child sex offences during her time as a teacher at Bishop McDevitt High School
- Police said Zurenko sexually abused her two victims, aged 16 and 17, hundreds of times between 2013 and 2016
A married Catholic school teacher has been jailed for just 23 months after pleading guilty to having sexual relations with two of her female teenage students.
Randi Zurenko, 34, begged a Pennsylvania judge for leniency for . . .
50 State AG Call for Grand Jury
Any investigation must be:
- independent of and separate from the church
- must have subpoena powers and ability to compel testimony under oath
Anything short of these criteria is a sham and whitewash.
In addition, write letters to the editor, make phone calls to politicians as they can apply pressure to keep them responsive to our demand. We need to make efforts to ensure that they follow up on what the state is doing to investigate these crimes.
The Attorneys General of forty states have inquired about the grand jury process in Pennsylvania. Let's get statewide investigations going in fifty states.
Note to Letter Writers
Use your own words and style of writing. Cut and paste from the templates as you wish. Include your experiences, whether as a survivor or as a member of the community. And relate your letter to the state you were abused in or state now living in.