Heroes from The Keepers and Spotlight to attend world's largest convention for abuse survivors in Alexandria
Hundreds of survivors come together for information, healing, empowerment, and exposing abuse
Experts, journalists, international figures converge for annual landmark event
- Meet and learn from experts on abuse and cover-up such as those featured in Netflix’s The Keepers and portrayed in Oscar-winning Spotlight,
- Learn best practices in helping other survivors,
- Share information to take home for abuse prevention outreach in their home communities,
- Work towards Statute of Limitation reform and creating victim-friendly laws nationwide, and
- Build community, camaraderie and healing in a convention of survivors.
August 11-13, 2017
400 Courthouse Square
INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 12:
A.W Richard Sipe - Expert on Catholic Clergy Sex Abuse, featured in both The Keepers and Spotlight
Mitch Garabedian - Attorney for victims of abuse, portrayed by Stanley Tucci in Spotlight
Pamela Pine - an international health/development specialist who has worked over 30 years worldwide, is the Founder of Stop the Silence®: Stop Child Sexual Abuse, Inc.
Thomas Doyle - Since 1984 Tom has worked on exposing clergy sexual abuse in the U.S., Europe and Canada and helped grand juries in the U.S. and investigatory commissions in Australia, Ireland and Canada. He is also a Catholic priest
Patrick Wall - A former monk and priest, Patrick Wall is an expert on the history of child abuse and cover-up in institutional organizations.
Authors, researchers, and international experts from Canada, Germany, Poland and Ireland
About the SNAP Conference:
Press Contacts at the Conference:
Joelle Casteix (949) 322-7434; email@example.com
Melanie Jula Sakoda 925-708-6175, firstname.lastname@example.org
50 State AG Call for Grand Jury
Any investigation must be:
- independent of and separate from the church
- must have subpoena powers and ability to compel testimony under oath
Anything short of these criteria is a sham and whitewash.
In addition, write letters to the editor, make phone calls to politicians as they can apply pressure to keep them responsive to our demand. We need to make efforts to ensure that they follow up on what the state is doing to investigate these crimes.
The Attorneys General of forty states have inquired about the grand jury process in Pennsylvania. Let's get statewide investigations going in fifty states.
Note to Letter Writers
Use your own words and style of writing. Cut and paste from the templates as you wish. Include your experiences, whether as a survivor or as a member of the community. And relate your letter to the state you were abused in or state now living in.