This Act ended 2/23/15. Thank you to all who participated in Act 3!
What: This week, a survivor spoke out in an interview with Al Jazeera America about the sexual abuse at the hands of a prominent Illinois imam. Arrested earlier this week, he has been charged with felony criminal sexual abuse of three other minors, although he denies the allegations.
Why: It takes courage for survivors to speak publicly about their abuse. By showing our support for sexual abuse survivors, we create a community that works to hold perpetrators accountable and shows survivors that it’s okay to speak out.
How to complete Act 3: Write a comment on this article -
- Praise and support this survivor for her courage in speaking publicly
- Let her and others know they are not alone
- Encourage other survivors to come forward and seek justice
- Thank the news network for covering and airing her story
- Urge our broader community to support and stand with all sexual abuse survivors
Or you can copy and paste the statement of support below:
“I support Lana and thank her for courageously coming forward to share her story, seek justice, and protect others at risk!”
Share your comment on Facebook and Twitter too. Make sure to include a link to the article.
When: Please submit your comment by this Monday, Feb 23rd.
Wait - you're not finished yet! Once you've completed the action, in order to get credit for this Act, you must do two things:
1) Check the box below that says "I Completed Act 3."
2) Show the team what you did! Copy and paste your comment into the blue section below marked COMMENTS.
And let us know if you have questions - we're here to help! Email us at email@example.com with questions or concerns.
Remember – your voice counts! When we expose the lies, we stand up for victims and take power away from the abusers. When we all speak out together, we create a movement that the world cannot ignore.
So let’s SNAP into action!
SNAP Action Team