News Story of the Day
Gerry Moriarty, Irish Times, Monday, January 26, 2015
Nuns, described as ‘sadistic’, deny claims of physical abuse at Nazareth Lodge in Belfast.
A man who was put into a Belfast care home when he was six has alleged at the Historical Institutional Abuse inquiry that he suffered physical abuse from “sadistic nuns” which ultimately left him in a suicidal and enraged state.
, Updated: Jan 22, 2015 3:54 PM PST
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA -
A group of Catholics are calling for answers into allegations surrounding Bishop Frank Dewane.
The NBC2 investigators have covered the bishop's troubles for nearly a year now.
Meredith Rodriguez, Chicago Tribune, January 22, 2015
Seven men filed suit Wednesday against the Chicago Presbytery and related organizations, claiming they were sexually abused by a now-deceased minister whose trail of allegations led to a multimillion-dollar settlement.
Stop Baptist Predators, January 18, 2013
"In countless stories of Baptist clergy sex abuse, we have seen the sad truth of King’s words made manifest. Even with childhood histories of horrific abuse – of having been molested, raped and sodomized by Baptist preachers – countless such victims have said that the worst of their experience came when they tried to tell about the abuse within the faith community.
Gazette Editorial, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, The Daily Gazette
They didn't help women and children last year. What's going to be their excuse this year?
Leslie Hittner, WinonaDailyNews.com, 15 hours ago
I am appalled! Employees of the Catholic Church all over this country are being told that if they express their beliefs with respect to same-sex marriage, artificial birth control, abortion and other politically sensitive issues that the Catholic church has a position on -- and if those statements are not in accordance with the beliefts and teachings of the Catholic Church -- they will be fired.
21 hours ago • , St. Louis Post-Dispatch
A female minister has settled a sexual abuse lawsuit involving a local African Methodist . . .
Move follows possible indecent exposure incident at school
By Laura Crimaldi Globe Staff January 15, 2015, Boston Globe
REVERE — The Archdiocese of Boston named a temporary administrator Wednesday for a Revere parish where a Catholic school worker was placed on leave after a report of three possible indecent exposure incidents. The parish pastor and two school employees, including the principal, have resigned.