More than 1,000 quizzed already in sex abuse allegations: Detectives raid homes of Leon Brittan and ex-head of the Army
- ~Homes of Leon Brittan and Lord Bramall have been raided by the police
- ~Raids conducted by officers from Scotland Yard's Operation Midland
- ~Operation was set up to investigate claims of a child sex abuse ring in 80s
- ~Properties in London and Yorkshire belonging to Lord Brittan searched
- ~Home owned by Lord Bramall in Surrey was also raided by officers
- ~Lord Bramall is one of the country's most decorated war veterans
More than 1,000 people have been questioned by police investigating claims of historic sex abuse, it was revealed yesterday.
The huge number, including suspects, victims and witnesses, lays bare the scale of the task facing detectives.
Scotland Yard boss Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe admitted . . .