Duluth diocese concludes bankruptcy

Scores of child sexual abuse victims in the Diocese of Duluth will soon share tens of millions of dollars in compensation, following a federal judge’s final approval Monday of a bankruptcy reorganization plan for the diocese.

The plan provides abuse survivors with about $40 million and access to the records of priests who molested them.

“The diocese (must) turn over to us and eventually make public thousands of pages of documents on the credibly-accused priests within the Diocese of Duluth,” said Mike Finnegan, an attorney representing victims.

He said the church also agreed to implement broad child protection measures to make sure children are better protected in the future.


Showing 1 comment

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.
Secured Via NationBuilder
  • Richard Kensinger, MSW
    commented 2019-10-22 11:44:54 -0500
    I’ve indicated previously that the Church is defiled and after settling payments to all victims, it needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. These settlements do provide victim/survivors w/ a degree of validation. However it does not ease their immense suffering over the years! Incarceration of all guilty parties will do more for recovery.
    Rich, MSW

SNAP Network is a GuideStar Silver Participant