Wellington Peer-Support Meetings
Where: Wellington School of Philosophy, 33 Aro Street, Aro Valley, Wellington 6021
When: First and third Tuesdays of the month 6-8 PM.
Please contact us beforehand for other meeting times and places.
Please also contact us if you are wanting peer support in other areas across the country, or:
For SNAP peer-support in the Hawkes Bay region contact Alex Cionca, ph. 0226432117For SNAP peer-support in the Nelson/Marlborough region contact Jacinda Thompson, ph. 0273048245For SNAP peer-support in the Otago/Southland region contact Christopher Longhurst, ph. 022 3440496For SNAP peer-support in the Manawatū-Whanganui region contact Eugene Kennelly, text 0210440626 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgFor SNAP peer support for youth and young adults, contact Houda Sbaa, email email@example.comFor SNAP peer-support for transgender victims and survivors contact Nicola Redmond, ph. 0220854741For SNAP peer-support in Fiji contact Felix Fremlin, ph. 9854137 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgFor support for victims and survivors of the LBGTI community contact OUTLine! on 0800 6885463
For other support for victims of sexual violence across Aotearoa New Zealand contact:
- NZ Police 105
- Wellington Sexual Abuse Help 04 801 6655
- Victim Support 0800 842 846
- Rape Crisis 0800 88 33 00
- Rape Prevention Education 09 360 4001
- HELP (Auckland) 09 623 1700
- Te Ohaakii a Hine – National Network Ending Sexual Violence Together 04 385 9176
- Healthline 0800 611 116
- Lifeline 0800 543 354
To register with The Royal Commission of Inquiry into Abuse in Care 0800 222 727
- There is only dignity in being a survivor of sexual abuse.
- "He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata (What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people)." ― Māori proverb
- "When there is abuse by itself it’s scary enough. When there is abuse within a religious setting it is so terrifying to people." ― Valerie Sinason