Wellington Peer-Support Meetings
Where: Wellington School of Philosophy, 33 Aro Street, Aro Valley, Wellington 6021
When: First and third Tuesdays of the month 6-8 PM.
Please contact us beforehand for other meeting times and places.
Please also contact us if you are wanting peer support in other areas across the country, or:
For SNAP peer-support in the Hawkes Bay region contact Alex Cionca, ph. 0226432117For SNAP peer-support in the Nelson/Marlborough region contact Jacinda Thompson, ph. 0273048245For SNAP peer-support in the Otago/Southland region contact Darryl Smith, ph. 022 6805105For SNAP peer-support in the Manawatū-Whanganui region contact Eugene Kennelly, text 0210440626 or email email@example.comFor SNAP peer-support for transgender victims and survivors contact Nicola Redmond, ph. 0220854741
For support for victims and survivors of the LBGTI community contact OUTLine! on 0800 6885463
For other support for victims of sexual violence across Aotearoa New Zealand contact:
- NZ Police 105
- Wellington Sexual Abuse Help 04 801 6655
- Victim Support 0800 842 846
- Rape Crisis 0800 88 33 00
- Rape Prevention Education 09 360 4001
- HELP (Auckland) 09 623 1700
- Te Ohaakii a Hine – National Network Ending Sexual Violence Together 04 385 9176
- Healthline 0800 611 116
- Lifeline 0800 543 354
To register with The Royal Commission of Inquiry into Abuse in Care 0800 222 727
- There is only dignity in being a survivor of sexual abuse.
- "He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata (What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people)." ― Māori proverb
- "When there is abuse by itself it’s scary enough. When there is abuse within a religious setting it is so terrifying to people." ― Valerie Sinason