Warren Jeffs' daughter speaks out for the first time about what she endured in his polygamist cult
By MICHELLE MARK, November 11, 2017, AOL.com
- Rachel Jeffs, the daughter of polygamist cult leader Warren Jeffs, spoke out on "Megyn Kelly Today" about the sexual abuse she endured at her father's hands when she was a child.
- Warren Jeffs is the self-described "prophet" of the FLDS Church, a Mormon fundamentalist cult that has been disavowed by mainstream Mormons.
- He was convicted in 2011 of child sexual assault and is serving a life sentence, though he continues to control the church to this day.
- Rachel Jeffs, who escaped the church in 2015, said her father began sexually abusing her when she was eight years old.
The daughter of the polygamist cult leader Warren Jeffs spoke out on "Megyn Kelly Today" about her upbringing as a member of the FLDS Church and the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of her father when she was a child.
Rachel Jeffs, who also details . . .
50 State AG Call for Grand Jury
Any investigation must be:
- independent of and separate from the church
- must have subpoena powers and ability to compel testimony under oath
Anything short of these criteria is a sham and whitewash.
In addition, write letters to the editor, make phone calls to politicians as they can apply pressure to keep them responsive to our demand. We need to make efforts to ensure that they follow up on what the state is doing to investigate these crimes.
The Attorneys General of forty states have inquired about the grand jury process in Pennsylvania. Let's get statewide investigations going in fifty states.
Note to Letter Writers
Use your own words and style of writing. Cut and paste from the templates as you wish. Include your experiences, whether as a survivor or as a member of the community. And relate your letter to the state you were abused in or state now living in.