The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests
SNAP Press Statement
For immediate release: Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Priest happy sex lawsuit is thrown out; sex abuse victims respond
Statement by Peter Isely, Midwest Director of SNAP, Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (414-429-7259)
How callous and unchristian for a Catholic priest to publicly crow because he dodged a child sex abuse lawsuit thanks to a legal technicality. Is this how Jesus would act?
And how tragic that Chicago’s Cardinal George remains silent while Pryzbylo proclaims his innocence. The Archdiocese of Chicago believed the victim, paid him $1.4 million and will not allow the priest to work here.
Priests have first amendment rights. But bishops have managerial and spiritual duties. One of them is to not let abusive ex-employees heap more abuse on already wounded victims. George should denounce Pryzbylo and publicly admit that the child sex abuse allegations against him are indeed credible.
We also hope that anyone who saw, suspected, or suffered Pryzbylo's crimes will speak up and report all information to police.
Priest happy sex lawsuit is thrown out
Bernie Tafoya Reporting-WBBM Newsradio 780
CHICAGO (WBBM) - A Roman Catholic priest accused of molesting young boys says he’s happy a lawsuit against him was thrown out yesterday in Cook County Court.
But he told WBBM he was ready to fight the suit because he did nothing wrong.
"I would never touch a person where you shouldn't" he said. The archdiocese settled with the accuser last year for $1.4 million.
Father Chester Przybylo, 59, is from Poland and remains under orders of a bishop there. He says mass in Latin at the Shrine of Christ the King in Winfield.
He had been accused of molesting a 13-year-old Polish immigrant while serving at Five Holy Martyrs in Chicago in the late 1980s.
Contents of this site are Copyright 2009 by WBBM.
Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests