A Minnesota judge has ruled that a civil child sex abuse and cover up lawsuit against a notorious predator priest (Fr. Thomas Adamson) and his Catholic supervisors (in the Twin Cities and Winona) can proceed.
- She decried Catholic hierarchy’s cover-ups & helped victims.
- Reform-minded lay group & victims organization praise her.
- Her devotion to personal support and public advocacy is a model for Catholics, SNAP says.
50 State AG Call for Grand Jury
Any investigation must be:
- independent of and separate from the church
- must have subpoena powers and ability to compel testimony under oath
Anything short of these criteria is a sham and whitewash.
In addition, write letters to the editor, make phone calls to politicians as they can apply pressure to keep them responsive to our demand. We need to make efforts to ensure that they follow up on what the state is doing to investigate these crimes.
The Attorneys General of forty states have inquired about the grand jury process in Pennsylvania. Let's get statewide investigations going in fifty states.
Note to Letter Writers
Use your own words and style of writing. Cut and paste from the templates as you wish. Include your experiences, whether as a survivor or as a member of the community. And relate your letter to the state you were abused in or state now living in.