SNAP Media Events
- Man says two priests molested him as a kid
- He also witnessed 3 other boys being abuse
- One of them, he says, later committed suicide
- One of the predators has never been accused before
- That cleric is still on the job today in northern Missouri
- But dozens of alleged abusers are missing, SNAP says
- Group is grateful but says names are “very hard to find”
- For "public safety," victims push for "more accessible disclosure”
- Two alleged offender priests are publicly identified for the first time
- SNAP “Diocese should also name abusive nuns, bishops, seminarians & lay workers”
- Archdiocese has put him "on restriction"
- He's accused of molesting a girl in the 1970s
- SNAP blasts Cardinal for not suspending cleric
- And group says he "continues secrecy & recklessness"
- Private email from church official to victim is released
- George is also blasted for new agreement with lawyers
- Court hearing is set for tomorrow
- Prosecutors try to keep priest locked up
- They’re using new “sexually violent predator” law
- Group wants LA’s current & former church heads to help
- Both Mahony and Gomez should write judge, SNAP feels
50 State AG Call for Grand Jury
Any investigation must be:
- independent of and separate from the church
- must have subpoena powers and ability to compel testimony under oath
Anything short of these criteria is a sham and whitewash.
In addition, write letters to the editor, make phone calls to politicians as they can apply pressure to keep them responsive to our demand. We need to make efforts to ensure that they follow up on what the state is doing to investigate these crimes.
The Attorneys General of forty states have inquired about the grand jury process in Pennsylvania. Let's get statewide investigations going in fifty states.
Note to Letter Writers
Use your own words and style of writing. Cut and paste from the templates as you wish. Include your experiences, whether as a survivor or as a member of the community. And relate your letter to the state you were abused in or state now living in.