SNAP Media Events
- Unusual new sex/cover up case filed by her husband & kids
- Accused cleric now works in a parish & in diocesan headquarters
- Lawsuit says top church officials kept silent & committed “fraud”
- It’s “always wrong & hurtful when priest has sex with parishioner,” SNAP says
- They Urge Government Probe of Church Cover Ups
- Group Dismisses “Biased” Church-Initiated Investigation
- SNAP Also Wants Other Denominations to Do More to Protect Kids
They name recently convicted Ontario predator priest
Church officials didn’t tell police about crimes, victims say
Suit says now-jailed cleric spent 20 years abusing in Latino communities
They beg victims witnesses and whistleblowers to “break your silence now”
Group issues special appeal to current and former church employees“
Search your conscience, be part of the solution, call law enforcement,” SNAP says
On local and international levels, victims want them to “protect kids, not predators”
50 State AG Call for Grand Jury
Any investigation must be:
- independent of and separate from the church
- must have subpoena powers and ability to compel testimony under oath
Anything short of these criteria is a sham and whitewash.
In addition, write letters to the editor, make phone calls to politicians as they can apply pressure to keep them responsive to our demand. We need to make efforts to ensure that they follow up on what the state is doing to investigate these crimes.
Note to Letter Writers
Use your own words and style of writing. Cut and paste from the templates as you wish. Include your experiences, whether as a survivor or as a member of the community. And relate your letter to the state you were abused in or state now living in.