Help us reach out
to anyone abused by Father Bowen.
Please do your Christian and your civic duty!
We are a confidential, independent, self-help group of women and men who have been victimized by clergy but are working to recovery from this trauma. We want to help others Bowen may have hurt. Will you help us do this?
Most abuse victims suffer in secrecy, shame and silence. We are here because Jesus taught us to reach out to "lost sheep."
You can help by:
- Discussing Father Bowen and his behavior with your friends, neighbors and fellow parishioners;
- Tracking down former parishioners and ex-employees of this parish;
- Urging everyone to contact the police or prosecutors if they know something about Bowen's crimes;
- Call upon your pastors to use church bulletins and other means to encourage victims to come forward;
- Insisting that the bishop do likewise in the diocesan newspaper and on the diocesan web site;
- Asking anyone who was wounded to contact SNAP, so they can receive support from others and begin to heal.
David Clohessy, National Director