Gay priests are being sent by the Vatican to an Italian monastery to be 'cured' of their 'inappropriate sexual tendencies'
- Vatican has been sending gay priests to be 'cured', Italian press claims
- Priests who 'show inappropriate sexual tendencies' sent to monastery
- One gay former priest claims he was dismissed after refusing to go
The Vatican has been sending homosexual priests to be 'cured' at a monastery in the Italian Alps, it has emerged.
Priests who come out as gay are removed to the monastery in Trento, northern Italy, by the Vatican to be 'treated' alongside drug addicts and paedophiles, Italian press claims.
One former Catholic priest who came out to the Vatican has revealed . . .
50 State AG Call for Grand Jury
Any investigation must be:
- independent of and separate from the church
- must have subpoena powers and ability to compel testimony under oath
Anything short of these criteria is a sham and whitewash.
In addition, write letters to the editor, make phone calls to politicians as they can apply pressure to keep them responsive to our demand. We need to make efforts to ensure that they follow up on what the state is doing to investigate these crimes.
The Attorneys General of forty states have inquired about the grand jury process in Pennsylvania. Let's get statewide investigations going in fifty states.
Note to Letter Writers
Use your own words and style of writing. Cut and paste from the templates as you wish. Include your experiences, whether as a survivor or as a member of the community. And relate your letter to the state you were abused in or state now living in.